Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Nothing New....

I know it's been a while since I posted, but all I have to do to catch you up on my life is to quote my previous post " working, knitting, blogging, reading, babysitting, cleaning and the list goes on and on..." :) I'm not complaining, mind you!! I've had enough excitement to enjoy the normal days!! :) My recent fiction reading hasn't provoked anymore profound thoughts, at least none that I can remember. :) Although I do find it interesting the style of different authors, such as transitions between different scenes.

And I have been rereading Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl. Great book for married or engaged women! It is important to remember God's design for marriage and not to get caught up in what this world portrays as the ideal woman or marriage. I've also read a little of the Pearl's book No Greater Joy - an excellent book on raising children. Hopefully we will need the information some day! :) but, until then maybe it will help me with the children I am dealing with right now - babysitting and at church. If you haven't visited the No Greater Joy site, I encourage you to do so... and also to sign up for their free newsletter. It has great articles for couples, families, and about the Bible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Chari! It's Devan.
    I was wondering...Do you enjoy reading biographies? I find them the most interesting. Right now, I am reading, "The Pirate Queen" by Susan Ronald. It is about the life of Elizabeth I and her many exploits and intrigues which resulted in redefining 16th century England from poverty to their Golden Age of power and prosperity. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Devan!
    Well, I used to read a lot of biographies. Did you ever read those about the childhood of famous people, they are children's books..."Thomas Edison, Young Inventor" etc. Those probably really fueled my interest in history. But I can't remember the last time I read a good biography, other than Helen Keller's book about her life. I have been reading the book 1776 by David McCullough, not really a biography, but does talk about different people. Anyway... do you have any more you recommend?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!