Monday, February 25, 2008

Cherries and socks!

Ok, a while back I asked for input on what my next project should be! Although I am eager to get started on Hedera, which was the favorite, after all the comments I actually read the pattern. (What a concept, huh?) So, here's the deal... math and I don't get along very well, and since I don't have the right size needles or yarn, and since I'm not all that familiar with knitting patterns anyway (so reducing the pattern is not an option), and since this was only my second pair of socks, and since I really don't know a lot about socks yet, and ... well, you get the picture! So instead of option A, B or C, I went with option D pictured below:


As you can see, I had some fun with the colors. This was the yarn that I had picked out for Hedera, before I realized that I needed a LOT smaller yarn and needles. So Hedera is still in the queue for when I get to a (real) yarn shop for some sock yarn and smaller needles. (I like them in sets of five, not four, and Hobby Lobby doesn't sell the smaller sizes in sets of five.) Oh, and the sock? That's it... I haven't made the other one yet! :) They call it "Second Sock Syndrome."

Question for sock knitters: How do I get rid of that little hole at my ankle, and the ladder at the gussett? I tried knitting really tight there, but it's still there. Also, I haven't blocked it, will it go away with blocking? Any input would be appreciated! :)

And just for fun, because this is the "ChariTree" blog: Ashley gave me this absolutely darling apron!! I don't know if you can see them, but it has cherries all over it! and I just love the old fashioned look!

6 comments:

  1. I wish spring would hurry up and get here but no we are having another snow storm right now. Oh well, I guess I am the one who moved up here. The sock is very cute, hurry up and make the other one. I absolutely love the apron, very retro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring will come, I promise... even up there! :) It's going to be colder again tomorrow here. By the way, the sandal picture in my daffodil album is for you! :) But I probably won't wear them again for another week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for wearing sandals in rememberance of me. I am still wearing knee socks and boots. My feet are itching to see the sun shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty sock!

    I wish Hobby Lobby would sell needles in sets of five too. I ordered a set of size 0's from Knit Picks just after Christmas. I haven't used them yet though. They have a nice feel though. I have a set of size 1 bamboo needles. I don't think I would buy them again. They feel flimsy and if you accidentally poke yourself-it hurts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa - I wore my boots yesterday! Crazy weather can't make up it's mind! :) It's a little warmer today, though.

    Gina - I am able to get the Baleen needles in sets of five, but they don't have a small enough size. What is your favorite type of needle? I have some bamboo circulars (from Wal-Mart), but I haven't used them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the apron, it is darling! That apron looks similar to my favorite apron, except mine has blue flowers. I feel more ready to do my work with an apron on.

    The sock is very cute too. =D

    Our high here is 18 degrees farenheit. *groan*

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!