Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Goodbye, winter. Hello, Spring!

Well, today's small thing over on Company Girls was to create a new centerpiece for our tables. (I've really enjoyed participating in Company Girls! Y'all join in!) :) Spring feels like it is on it's way... the daffodils and the tulip trees are blooming! Here is a glimpse of what we have to look forward to when the flowers come out! My iris is popping his little head up. Here he is last year. I hope I get more blooms this year!


Here is the centerpiece for our dining room table. Very spring-y! East Texas is very indulgent in my desire for a short winter. Easter is a little over a month away! The ivy was one of my Valentine gifts from my wonderful husband! :) The napkin is an old(?) one I picked up at a garage sale a few years ago.

Also, our coffee table was greatly lacking in attractive decor. I didn't really do anything here for winter. So it got a little sprucing up as well. I love my rabbits! :)

Goodbye, snowmen! Here is all my snowman stuff right before I packed it all up for the year. It hasn't been long since I gave my little snowman a makeover, but he will keep for next year! :) I have also put little spring touches around the house, more on that later, maybe. :)

9 comments:

  1. The decorating looks good. Love the rabbits, I have quite a few too. I almost did Easter decorating. But we still have snow on the ground, I decided to wait until the first of March. Boy am I ready for warm weather. I sure miss Louisiana this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great table-scape! I was a slacker and didn't do the Small Thing that day! Oops! Which stinks 'cause that was a fun one!
    Fellow Company Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love the rabbits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so busy I haven't had time to stop by and say hi recently.

    Your tablescape and mantle decor are beautiful. You have a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chari,
    I enjoy checking in to see what new "project" is keeping you busy! I applaude you on changing your decor to match the holidays--I'm too lazy, I guess! ;o) Though, I did find a new centerpiece at Kirkland's for my kitchen table that I absolutely love! Many happy hours of "Home-Making"!
    Devan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was dropping in by the way of one your friends and I am impressed with your blogs. Hopefully we can chat sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the sweet comments about my decor! I did a little shopping at one of my favorite stores yesterday and bought a few more things... (Melissa, wouldn't you know it... TWO bunnies hopped into my basket!!) I'll try to post more pictures soon. It's been a busy weekend! Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The centerpieces look great! I love the bunnies! =D By the way, I started another blog: http://philippians4vs8-emily.blogspot.com/ You are only the third person to know about it! You cannot find it through my profile.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful glimpses of spring! I love your displays of spring decorations, especially the bunnies!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!