Friday, February 8, 2008

Makeover

This little guy was on sale at Hobby Lobby after Christmas. I think I got him for 90% off! He was so cute and hard to resist, but he needed a little help. His pompom earmuffs were coming off on one side and they didn't really match. Here he is after I pulled them off:


So I made him a new pair with my nifty little machine! (I love this thing!) He looks like a new snowman! :) He is sitting on my dining room table along with my "Let it snow" place mats.

It doesn't really feel like winter much here now, but we did get some snow around Valentine's Day about three years ago, and last year we got some the day before Easter! But I think spring is on it's way! :) (I know you people up north hate me for that comment! Sorry! Spring is on it's way up there too... it just takes a little longer, right?) :)

In other news, it has been a very eventful week!!! We have a "boarder" for the next two weeks! Mark's (kindof distant) cousin, Ashley, attends the local junior college. Her housing situation wasn't working out and she needs a place to stay until her apartment opens up. She is a very sweet girl and we have enjoyed getting to know one another. She paints and draws beautiful pictures!! More pictures later maybe, but for now, here are the friends she brought with her!

Meet Spaz and Cheeto! (Cheeto is the orange one.)
These little guys are fun to be around! :) It's great because I can enjoy them without worrying if I'm going to kill them because Ashley takes great care of them! Here they are looking at me, looking at them. I think they got a little tired of the photo op, though! :)

Oh, and thanks for all the comments for the next knitting project! I'm going to start B soon (I need to dig through my stash and find the yarn!) and it's been a busy week for a new project.

Have a great Friday, everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. hey girl! This is Ashley! I'm enjoying my stay at your house. We are having so much fun!!!! You are awesome and I'm so glad to know such cool relatives. You are like a big sis to me and I look forward to spending more time with you and Mark and Angie and the rest of your wonderful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Ashley!! :) I'm glad to get to know you too! I can always use more great sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowman looks great, love the ear muffs. And I just love the fish, I have been asking Eric if I can get one and I about have him convinced. So maybe I will be adding an "orange" member to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snowman! I used to have fish, but when we moved I had to flush them down the toilet...poor little creatures. They died as soon as they hit the water....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little guy, the earmuffs are so cute!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have the same placemats but mine say Merry Christmas. LOL I enjoy using them around the holidays with my snowman plates.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!