I love visiting "homey" blogs. One of the ones I found recently is Kelli's over at "No place like Home." Kelli has posted many cute decorating ideas and crafts. Each Friday, she hosts a Show and Tell. I have been wanting to join in for a few weeks, but am finally getting around to it. :) I want to show the shelf we got for Christmas for our living room. (To see a before picture of the living room, click here.)
We had some issues getting the shelf hung, because the wall curves. (The fireplace was added to the house later, and not everything was done exactly right by previous owners.) Anyway, we finally got it up there after a trip to the hardware store, and I added some decorations, but wasn't real thrilled with how it looked. Kinda blah. I did want to keep most of the decor: the title of the bottom book is "A Bunch of Cherries" :) The Willow Tree figurine was a gift from my parents for our engagement.




Everything looks so lovely.
ReplyDeleteVery nice!! The ivy really added to it--I agree , it needed some softness. Love willow tree stuff! And the red glass is such a warm touch!
ReplyDeleteVery lovely! It looks so homey now. :) Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day!
I can tell you put a lot of thought and effort into this display. Great job!
ReplyDeleteLooks good. I like the finished product. I asked Mom about the ivy, she said to keep it. She has more at her house.
ReplyDeleteIt looks really nice, Chari!
ReplyDeleteYour mantel looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you decided to join in on the fun!
ReplyDeleteI actually visited your "before" picture and it almost looks like a different house! I like the way you softened it up and added your own touch to it! Great job!
Connie
so beautifully decorated!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy show n tell is shared, if you haven't stopped over yet, I hope you can drop by.
I linked back to your before picture. You've done a great job!!! Glad you're joining us for Show & Tell. It is such fun each week to travel through Mr. Linky and see everyones treasures.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Lovely decorating! I like the
ReplyDeleteafter Christmas sale red lamp.
It is the best time of the year
to buy red accessories for a great price. Great job!
Very beautifully decorated, I love that red tched glass! =)
ReplyDeleteLooks very pretty to me!
ReplyDeleteYou did a wonderful job on decorating your mantle! I love the sconces and the willow thee figurine is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteKelli
Thank you all for stopping by my show and tell! I have really enjoyed all the comments! I hope everyone has a great Sunday tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteYour mantel looks so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI like it, it looks very nice. Oh yea and I love WillowTree figurines.
ReplyDeleteGlad I found you, I'll be back!