Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Excursions in Entrelac


I know I have a few knitting friends that like to visit me here. Then there are those that don't knit, but maybe someday... :)  I haven't been knitting quite as much as I used to, but I still enjoy trying different things. Knitting is a great stress reliever. For a while now, I've been wanting to try knitting an entrelac pattern. Last week I got started on a dishcloth. (Ravelry link and pattern link)

It is a lot of fun! The knitting goes in two directions! :) Here it is with the needle out so you can get a better idea of how it works.

What really helped me was watching this video. (Which is also where I got the pattern link.)

I love learning new things! But isn't that the fun of the journey? :)  And it's almost fall... time for me to wear my new socks (although they are a little big.... maybe after a couple of washings they'll fit better!) :)


Later this week.... what I've been working on around the house! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh fun! Very pretty!

    I am itching to make this dishcloth now, even though I don't like using hand-knit dishcloths! LOL. I guess I could always make it for a gift!

    I was just looking at my blog archives, at the entrelac sample I made years ago. I was going to make it into a throw pillow for the couch, but it didn't match very well after we painted, so I'm not sure what happened to it, except I know that it is no longer in my house. :-)
    Here's the link in case you're interested. :-) entrelac. I haven't done any entrelac knitting since then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even us "non-knitters" thinks that looks pretty cool! Love those summery colors, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw a tutorial about Entrelac the other day and thought how neat it would be to try it. I had better finish my socks first. They are coming along OK. I'm nearly half way done with the foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is neat...I haven't seen that before. Looks like it would be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!