Friday, November 5, 2010

Finished Object Friday

Last month was Pastor Appreciation Month. (I hope you "appreciated" your pastors!) :)  We had a "card shower" for our pastor and his wife - everyone wrote them a thank you card and included a gift card. They really liked that! :)  After church that morning we had a church potluck at my parent's home. Thankfully it was a beautiful day and everyone could be outside! :)

I made a cake for the occasion. Who doesn't love chocolate?


I had fun decorating this one... although in retrospect, I wish I would have made the top "layer" square... it would have looked less like a hat. But anyway... Here's what it looked like before the flowers.
(In my fridge - chilling out.)  :)

And most importantly, they really liked it! :)

So what crafty things have you been up to? Sorry this is a bit late... I should have posted last night but oh. well. :)  Happy Friday!! :)

Oh, and the linky tool will be open all weekend - so don't worry if you don't get something posted today. :)  We'll have fun anyway! :)



This linky list is now closed.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty cake! I love the flowers, and I don't think it looks like a hat.

    I added my link, but it's not showing up yet. I hope it does soon. If not, I'll just add it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I think it's a beautiful cake, hat-looking or not =) And of course, it being chocolate is a big plus...hehe.
    Oh, and I appreciated my pastor, too =)
    I'll be linking up in a jiffy...gotta take a few pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding my link! I wonder what I did wrong....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make such pretty cakes. So nice you always remember your pastor for pastor appreciation month. Many do not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!