Thursday, July 26, 2012

Book Review - Song in My Heart

I recently finished "Song in My Heart" by Kim Vogel Sawyer. In the story, the heroine, Sadie, comes from a very loving family. Her family isn't wealthy and because of an accident making her father unable to work, she answers an advertisement to help in a western mercantile and possibly sing in an opera house. When she arrives, the opera house isn't quite what she expected. Meanwhile, Thad arrives in town to investigate rumors of bootlegging.

I do enjoy historical fiction, and I have been a fan of Kim Vogel Sawyer's books. I believe that I have read everything she has published. This is a fun story, with a little bit of western action. However, in my opinion, it isn't one of her better stories. The story seemed a little far fetched to me. I don't want to give any spoilers, but it just didn't seem like quite a plausible story. But it was a fun clean little romance, and an enjoyable read. I would recommend it to someone looking for a light summer read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Bethany House for providing this copy for review. My opinions are my own. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I read the book a while back and although I usually really enjoy her books, this one was not the best. We have such a great library in the rural community where I now live, but am moving away from here back into the city. I will miss the library here because they have all the books by Christian authors labeled "Christian." Love that. Occasionally I have found one that was mislabeled and they're always so happy to know so the Christian label can be removed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Your's sounds like such a neat library! I'm sure you will miss it! I actually work at a local church library (very much) part time. It's a wonderful ministry to be able to provide good books to those (like me) who couldn't afford to support their reading habit! ;) Hopefully you can request good books at your new library!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!