Saturday, January 19, 2013

Book Review: What Your Husband Isn't Telling You

First off, I got kindof tickled at the reaction this book got while it was in my "reading spot" in the living room... Each guy that happened to see it (My husband, my dad and at least one of our good friends) had questions about it. I think they were each wondering what I was going to find out! Very funny!

This was a good book to help in understanding how men view their God given roles - Provider and Protector - and how modern society has sometimes warped the ability of men to fulfill those roles. One of the sections that really stood out to me was about how men function in today's church world on the whole - how many modern churches have become more of a women's world, even to the wording of worship songs (instead of "Onward, Christian Soldiers" more songs are along the lines of "Beautiful One I Love.")

I learned a lot from this book. Some of the information wasn't necessarily new (I've also read "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldham), but I really liked that this book was from a male's perspective. I would recommend it for any wife or wife to be. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to Bethany House for providing the book for me to review. My opinions are my own.

0 Friendly Greetings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!