Yep, another book review... Now that our house is sold (less upkeep - especially keeping it "show ready") and we are put in our temporary location, I have a bit more time to read and catch up. (I don't even have a whole house to care for! Just doing my share in cooking and cleaning here at my parent's home.) :) Most of my reading has been minimal and usually just fun and relaxing with all the craziness that is life right now... :) Sooo... you get another reveiw!
Growing up I read a lot of mysteries. Inhaled them, really! I also listened to a lot of stories - including some Sherlock Holmes (I can't remember if they were old time radio, audio drama or just an audio book - I think I got them at our local library.) Anyway. I cultivated a love for Sherlock Holmes - his deductions and humor. In Sherlock Holmes and the Needle's Eye, Holmes has acquired an invention created by Moriarty that allows him to travel back in time. Holmes, usually accompanied by Dr. Watson, travels back into Bible times and with each trip finds a question to be answered about the story.
This book was so neat in that it combined the iconic "Holmes" with researching the mysteries of Scripture. Each chapter was dedicated to a different "mystery" in Scripture. Some of them were familiar to me (the question along with the solution.) Then some of them completely blew me away - I had never made that connection! Several times I found myself laughing out loud. Definitely a fun and thought provoking read!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Booksneeze for the review copy. My opinions are my own.

This book does sound fun! I'll have to check it out!
ReplyDelete