In Echoes of Mercy, Caroline Lang goes working in a candy factory to discover the truth of allegations surrounding child labor. She is also seeking to discover the mystery surrounding the death of the previous undercover worker. What she doesn't know is that the heir to the factory is also working undercover to understand how the factory operates. Together they find out what is really going on with the factory management and how to better help all the worker and help provide what the children need.
I really enjoy reading Kim Vogel Sawyer's books. You can always tell the amount of research that she has put into each novel to ensure historical accuracy. (The historian in me loves that!) I enjoyed reading the book - and the candy factory setting just "sweetened" the deal! (Sorry... hard to resist that one!) ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to Blogging for Books for the review copy. My opinions are my own.
PS... I have a "Finished Object!!" YAY!! SOOOOO I will try to get a FOF post ready for this Friday! I wanted to give a bit of time in case anyone else wants to share! Yep, I kinda fell off the bandwagon on this. Having a baby does take away time from any big craft projects, but it sure is fun to fit one in every now and then! :)

Sounds like a interesting book. How did you come about doing book reviews? May be something I would be interested in! It was wonderful bumping into you and your little one,even if it was for a second :-) Blessings
ReplyDeleteIt sure was good to bump into you! So glad you got to meet our little "Joy!" :)
ReplyDeleteAs for the reviews, I'm sure you would enjoy it!! I love seeing all the new books that are coming out, and getting to pick which ones I want to read. (Yes, I'm pretty picky... I don't pick a book if I don't think I'll enjoy it!) :) It's as easy as signing up for an account. They send you the book of your choice and you read it and post a review on your blog and on a public book site - such as amazon.com.
The first company I signed up with is Thomas Nelson - their site now offers books from related publishers as well. If you don't keep your account active (request a book or post a review every 90 days) they deactivate you. This happened over our busy summer, but I sent an email explaining why I hadn't been active and they promptly reinstated my account. You can sign up here: http://booklookbloggers.com/
I also blog for Waterbrook Multnomah which is the Blogging for Books program the above review came from: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/
The third company I do reviews with is Bethany House: http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/bethanyhouse/bookreviewers
I'm sure there are a few more options. Basically what I did was look to see if the publishers for my favorite authors had a blogger book review program! :) The first two have websites that you pick your book from and post the review. Bethany is a little different in that you pick a book from an email they send you. Then they let you know if you get the book or not - there are limited quantities. Let me know if you have any more questions. I love books and I love being able to review them in exchange for free books. It helps the publishers get the word out on good books as well... a win/win situation! :)
This sounds like something I would like to do. I don't think I've read this author. Will have to check it out. It sounds really similar to one I just read.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the FOF will provide me with some mojo. Not counting on it...Lol. I'm just managing to stay alive here lately. :)