Thursday, May 15, 2014

Book Review: Parenting the Wholehearted Child

I just finished reading "Parenting the Wholehearted Child" by Jeannie Cunnion. You may have seen it in bookstores. It is one of the most recently published books on parenting. I love this book!! It is a heartfelt book full of practical advice to help instill the love of God into your children. One of the themes of the book is giving your child grace, because we have been given grace. The author really connects with the reader - you feel like she really is in the trenches with you - her children are still at home. I love that she, in some of the first chapters, gives very practical advice on how to instill Scripture in our children.

One important thing I came away with is that our children learn about God through us - not just in what we teach them, or what we say, but in the very way we act and in how we discipline them. When we show love and grace, we are showing them how God loves them and gives us grace that is unmerited. "We must demonstrate a faith that our children desire to experience, not flee." This book really made me think and contemplate how I want to be as a parent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to BookLook for providing this free review copy. My opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some great parenting advice from this book. On another note, I would love to see Joy's nursery. I know you must have it decorated very sweetly. Maybe when you have time you can share it with us in a post ....hope I'm not being to forward for asking :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... her "pretty nursery" is over on Pinterest... We are still in an apartment, and I can't wait for her to have her own room... I've been collecting a few cute things already! I do have a bit to share - more of a project. I'll try to get that post up before tooo long! (And I certainly don't mind your asking!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!