Monday, July 20, 2015

Book Review: Where Trust Lies

Where Trust Lies is the second book in the Return to The Canadian West series. While this series is meant as a companion to the popular television series produced by Hallmark, I feel the book is excellent on it's own. (And for me, reading the book doesn't pose the disturbing issue of having to watch the characters in a historic setting sporting modern day hairstyles... does this not bother anyone else but me?? ahem. back to the book...)  In this story, Beth is headed back home to her family and on to a steamship cruise of the east coast. They make some friends on the trip but also meet some people of questionable character, leading one of their party into danger! (Ok... no more spoilers here... read it!) :)

Janette Oke, yes she's been writing a while. Yes, some people feel that her stories are a bit formulaic. BUT, I'm really not of that opinion. While she does tend to stick in the same genre, historical fiction, that also happens to be one of my favorite genres and I feel she does a great job! Some of my favorite, re-read/comfort books are Janette Oke. :) This book is a quick fun read and I love the cover art - it can really make or break a book in today's competitive market! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book was given to me in exchange for my honest review by Bethany House Publishers. Just an aside... I love their review program. It is very personal and they are quick to answer any questions! I also love the quality books put out by Bethany House... some publishers I've had issues with content, but not Bethany. Kudos to a publisher for upholding high standards!

0 Friendly Greetings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!