Monday, January 18, 2016

Book Review: The Potter's Lady

Ah, yes, once again a return to historical fiction - my first love! ;) I have a true love of history and enjoy books about different time periods. Judith Miller has my respect as a writer and has for quite some while. Some authors just stand out above the rest.

I really enjoyed reading The Potter's Lady. In this story, Rose McKay convinces her brother to invest in a pottery business. She loves designing pottery and wants to help in designing pieces that will make the new business venture a success. When the survival of the new business depends on the outcome of a contest that would result in an amazing pottery contract, Rose isn't sure who she can trust - company designs have been stolen.

I did enjoy this book - so much so, that I am excited to have received another in this series for Christmas! This is a sequel to another book, but knowing that does not interfere with enjoying this one. I also love when covers to books are beautifully designed, as this one is! I look forward to reading more of Judith Miller's books.


Thanks to Bethany House for the review copy. My opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for some new author recommendations. I will have to check her out. And, yes, it takes forever to get something read anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!