Saturday, May 26, 2007

Books

I don't know about many of you, but I love to read! :) I read mostly fiction, and some authors I like better than others. I also have a unique opportunity to read a lot of what is available on the Christian market. One of the local churches has a large library available for the community, and they get most of the new books in for people to check out. I have found several new authors/series that I really have enjoyed. I thought I would list a few of my favorites here, and I will put a more comprehensive list of links on the right.

I mostly read "fluffy" stuff, I like to keep my reading light, unless it is for devotional reading (sorry, no spine-chilling mysteries for me.) I do enjoy some mysteries, but these tend to be more of the "cozy" mysteries. (for definition click here) :
The Royal Tunbridge Wells Mysteries Series - these are set in a tea museum in England. Some of my favorite characters have either four legs or a set of wings. :)
Jacques & Cleo, Cat Detectives, by Gilbert Morris - a little different twist for this author! But fun... I love the "conversations" between the cats. I haven't read the third one yet.

I love historical fiction, which probably led to my interest in history as a major.
The Oxford Chronicles- I read these a couple of months ago. Melanie Jeschke is a great author, I think this is all she has written, anyway these books center around C. S. Lewis and his legacy. I highly recommend them!

Ok, now for the really fluffy stuff:
Trish Perry has come out with a couple of books that I really enjoyed. I don't often laugh out loud when I am reading, but you can't help it with some of the scenes! :)
The Sisterchicks series is also great! Robin Jones Gunn has been one of my favorite authors for years. I love "traveling" with the different stories!
The Deep Haven Series - Susan May Warren - (the first one is linked) These have been out a little while (2003), but the first one is being reissued! :)

This isn't a list of my all-time favorites, just some of the new stuff that others might not have heard of and what I am able to think of this late in the day. Also, I just listed fiction books. Maybe I'll review some non-fiction in a later post. Let me know if I missed some good ones! I would love to hear what you are reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Charity,
    I noticed that you had Beverly Lewis listed in your authors link. I really enjoyed reading her Abram's Daughters series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her writing! Her most recent series is Annie's People. You would probably enjoy those. She is such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chari-

    I've really been enjoying your blog. In fact, it inspired to start my own which is something I have wanted to do for quite a while, but never got around to. Thanks for posting all the pictures of Ben & Angela's wedding. I was very glad to be able to look through them. Keep up the good work! Oh yeah, here's the link to my blog: http://stephswindowseat.blogspot.com/
    Maybe I'll 'see' you around...
    Stephanie Hoffpauir

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!