Friday, July 6, 2007

Happenings....

Well, what can I say but, rain, rain and more rain!!! I certainly won't complain about the temperature though. July is usually HOT! I guess when it does stop raining it will be hot. Anyway...

I have been doing other things than just reading and blogging! :) Mark's brother Ryan and his wife Mary came down for the fourth. The rest of our immediate family is spread hither and yon... Mine to Idaho and Mark's to Michigan. I guess they will all return to their homes next week. So what have I been up to? working, knitting, blogging, reading, babysitting, cleaning and the list goes on and on...

Here are just a few picts from the last week:
July 2007


I have been knitting away!!! Some of my projects are classified information. (I have to plan ahead for Christmas!!) :) But I have been doing some un-classified stuff. I feel like I have been knitting tons of dishcloths... I have to keep up with all the weddings!

Here is a basket I put together for my friend Bonnie's wedding at the end of June - we went together with my parents to get some nice kitchen stuff and I made the dishcloths.







I finished fixing Faithie's hat, and of course Gracey has to match! :) Hers is the work in progress. This is a really simple "pattern" I adapted after looking at several different hats online. I just cast on about 70 stitches, knit until it is tall enough, use a three needle bind-off for the seam at the top, and tuck the corners in and tack down. The nature of the knitting on the circular needles is such that it makes the rolled brim automatically (stockinette stitch). I then add the flower and sew a few french knots inside it.

I really love my circular needles... I now use them for about everything - even the dishcloths! :) Since they are connected, I never have to worry about dropping a needle or losing it out of my bag in the car. (I usually always grab my knitting on the way to church.) I guess I have become a "Knit-a-holic" - it is so relaxing and portable and I enjoy making things that are attractive and that people will use.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess you get all the rain, and we get all the heat. Today's high is 98!! Can you believe it? Anyway, enjoy the moisture while we are roasting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's cooler up there this week! We have already set a record for July rain, and it's only the 9th!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!