Tuesday, October 23, 2007

You're Invited...



To my house to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and maybe some banana bread! I would love to sit down with some of you that I haven't seen in ages and have a nice long chat! (Thus this virtual invitation!) The weather here has finally turned a little cooler! Sunday's low of 61 degrees was yesterday's high!! :) It was wonderful to pull out a sweatshirt to wear! It was rainy and just felt like a wonderful day to sit and enjoy a chat with a friend! I picked up the ingredients for hot chocolate mix and mixed up our first batch for the winter! I took just a few minutes to sit and enjoy my hot chocolate, with marshmallows, of course, and read my new Southern Living magazine that surprised me in the mail. (I don't know yet who subscribed for me, but I know I am going to enjoy it! I have my suspicions!) I was thinking how much I would enjoy having some of my friends over to visit! :)

Well, since most of my readers are so far away, I hope you enjoy this "virtual" cup of hot chocolate! or you can get literal and mix up a batch of my Mother-in-law's recipe for hot chocolate mix!

Hot Chocolate Mix
1 lb. chocolate milk powder (such as Nestle Quik)
4 qt. equivalent of powdered milk
8 oz. powdered creamer (or more)
1 lb. powdered sugar

Mix together and store in a covered container. It keeps well - my cup yesterday was actually the last little bit from last year. To serve, mix about 3 T in a mug of hot water. (The amounts of the ingredients don't have to be exact, for example the chocolate milk mix I get is 15 oz.)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'm lovin the cooler weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Charity..
    You don't know me, but I'm Shari's mom...and I remember you from camp in Duncan the few times we attended. I always loved the hats you wore, and thought it was awesome that you had the courage to be just exactly who you were...a beautiful girl! I enjoy reading your blog from time to time as I bloghop from way down here in Mexico.

    God bless you!
    Collette Burch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment, Mrs. Burch. I don't wear hats like I used to, but I still have them all! :) I'm glad you have enjoyed my blog. Stop by anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!