There is a tree out in my yard that is one of my favorites.
Underneath it's branches is cool mossy shady. It is the perfect place to sit and read a good book or to enjoy some tea or lemonade.
It is the most lovely color of green. (Don't you love the blue sky peeking through it's branches?) All I need is an Adirondack chair. (Don't you just love those chairs? I've wanted one for ages!)
For those of you wondering, it is an elm tree.
Zelkova Elm to be exact.
It's also about 8 inches tall! :)
I have been wanting a Bonsai tree for ages! Mom found this one at a local plant show and picked it up for me. It is an actual tree in miniature. I find them fascinating! It is more common to find the evergreen varieties, but I have wanted a deciduous, although this tree isn't supposed to shed it's leaves. (For more info on Bonsai, click here.) I am so excited about this one. It will live outside most of the time. It doesn't like to be indoors for long. (It really should have a name... I don't like calling it it all the time!) :) Oh well.
Happy April Fool's Day!!
VERY cute! Love it :)
ReplyDeleteI love Bonsai trees - I would love to get another one, sometime! The first one we had, I'm pretty sure was "sick" when we bought it on clearance.
ReplyDeleteGlad you participated in Red Envelope Day - so did I!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
I am enjoying my little tree. They aren't the easiest plants to care for, but I hope it hangs around a while! Y'all have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete