Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Knit's Flop

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
~Edward Phelps
~

**Disclaimer***This is the post with pictures that I vowed I'd never share! (Be prepared for openness and honesty.) When I took the pictures, it was merely for my own record. I like to share pretty things on this site, but this ain't pretty!

Ok, lest you think that I am the perfect knitter that never made a mistake, and each knitting project turned out perfectly, and helped me learn something new, allow me to share this picture with you from about three years ago:

Before you look, just know you've been warned!



This is the hat that couldn't. It is a monstrosity. I think it was the first hat I made - before circulars. Not totally beaten, I even made this one:


One of them I even totally reknit. (I don't remember which at this point.) But to no avail! The pattern came with the yarn. I guess that's why I'm a little skeptical of patterns on yarn labels. :)


It's just HUGE!!

So now you know... but I guess a few failures are part of the learning process, right?

When we can begin to take our failures seriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.
~Katherine Mansfield~


Oh, and the title of this post is in reference to a certain radio drama - first episode. Avid fans will know it without having to click the link. :)

6 comments:

  1. It's more than I can do :)
    I'm sure you'll get it right soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (It's actually an old project - sorry, I didn't really clarify that.) I have learned from my mistakes this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did it much better than I ever would have! I'm just starting knitting; I didn't know there were so many things to make! :D
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm not a knitter, because I was looking through your pics saying, what's wrong with it?! :) I may be having another blonde moment...
    Anyway, you're to be commended for sharing your mistakes with us! I'm too ashamed to let another soul see some of the mistakes I've made! Lately I've been "ripping" more than "sewing"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess there's not much wrong... if you like REALLY big hats! :)

    Good luck with the sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!