Friday, November 19, 2010

Finished Object Friday

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments about our adoption. We are really getting excited! Thank you for your prayers as well. Right now we are praying specifically for God to lead us to the right social worker to do our home study. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This may be more of a progress report than an actual Finished Object Friday. Remember our bedroom? Well, thanks to help from a friend, it is finally painted!!
Beka and James came last Friday. After getting the guys to move the furniture, Beka and I set to work! It sure is a lot more fun painting with a friend!! :)
Please excuse my appearance... that painting is hard work! (actually Beka did most of the hard work... I just used the roller.)  :) It's great having a friend that loves to paint! :)  (Is the "nursery" next, Beka???)  :)

I really like the depth that the "accent wall" gives to the room. I know it is a darker color, but instead of closing the room in, it seems to make it bigger. And it is a really nice green - it's hard to show it accurately in pictures.

Now to figure out what to hang on it...
This was my original idea and my sister-in-law found the door for me. However...
... it rather dwarfs our bed!! I do like the color with the bedspread, but wow. that door is just too big!! I'm thinking my old window might look better, and maybe stand the door in the corner. Any other ideas? 

Now for your turn!! What have you been up to? Anyone started on their Christmas crafts? (Not me. oh. dear!! December will go fast!!)  :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors! I don't have anything finished, but I am working on stuff for Christmas. I'm getting a little panicky, too, about the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Charity, I am so happy that you all have decided to adopt! How very exciting!!! I so want to keep coming back and seeing how the process goes... the subject of adoption has been on my mind alot lately... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!