Friday, January 7, 2011

Finished Object Friday

Yes, I'm still around! This has been a real doozy of a week for me. Work has been crazy. But today starts my weekend and I'm going to ENJOY it! :) 

I hinted a while back at some Christmas sewing, but I didn't want to chance anymore pictures than that! Well, now it's done (finally!) and gifted, so I can share! :)  Of all the mothers and sisters in our family, Mary is the only one who hadn't got an apron from me yet. And she has been wanting one for quite a while. This year I drew her name for our Christmas exchange and I knew I'd better deliver! :)

I was a little tired of my basic apron style that I've done so much, so this time I went with something totally different. I designed it from the bottom up. (really... I started with the skirt and went from there!) :) I got my inspiration from this apron designer, but kinda did my own thing. No patterns for me! (nothing unusual!)



I love the ties in the front. It can really be done both ways, but I love this way! :)  Mary had shown me an apron she liked - it had lots of rick rack, so I was sure to add some to my design. I think it really made the apron. :)
And I think she liked it...



So how about you? Do you have any Christmas crafting projects you're free to share now? :)


This linky list is now closed.

7 comments:

  1. Great apron! I like the fabric choices and the addition of rick rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty apron! I don't have any Christmas crafting projects to share since I really didn't make anything for anyone this year (even though I planned to. *Sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The colors and style are great together. You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfectly cute! And since there was no pattern, it's a "Chari original" =) Wish I had something to contribute...maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your apron looks FABULOUS!! I bet she loved it! you just can't go wrong with ric-rac ;)
    Hopefully I can get some pics taken tomorrow and posted...is the linky not working? I don't see it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your apron!! You are so talented! I just awarded you the stylish blogger award. If you would like to keep it going just hop over to my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like your aprons and this one is really cute. Sorry, I'm late commenting, I haven't been computing much lately. Been under the weather and feeling too yucky to do much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!