The frosting is from a gingerbread house kit that I got on clearance after Christmas. The frosting mix came in this bag... I wonder if they sell it individually? ...with just a little more water, it really would be royal icing! :)
Anyway, I had fun designing all kinds of different cookies. I'm no pro at cookie decorating, so it just shows how easy it is to make something cute out of royal icing. And the cookies were yummy, too!
Yes, some turned out cuter than others, but I had fun coming up with different designs.
One of the best parts? The cleanup!!
Since I used sandwich bags and the frosting cost just pennies, I just tossed the bags, frosting and all, when I was finished! (I don't particularly like washing frosting bags... can you tell?) :)
So now it's your turn to share! I have switched back to using the linky service I started out with. So you should be able to leave your links below. (Boy, I will miss the picture links, though... oh. well.) Happy Friday, everyone!
PS~ I have one more FOF! Do you know what it is? (hint: you'll have to come to my blog to find out... it won't show up in a reader... or on Facebook.) :)
I like your cookies! Very pretty! I tried using royal icing once, but it didn't turn out right, so all the colors ran. Oh, well. The cookies still tasted yummy!
ReplyDeletethanks for posting a comment on my blog. I wanted to let you know that I am going to invited readers only for awhile. I'm not really sure how long but wanted to invite you if you were interested. I enjoy your blog so I will continue reading. I hope things are well at your household.
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! Love the idea for cleanup!
ReplyDelete