Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Departures

Speaking of summer reading, I have another book to review!! :)
I was so excited to get a review copy of Departures by Robin Jones Gunn. I have loved her Christy Miller series for years - wonderful books for teen girls! I also loved the Sierra Jensen series. Departures is a book of two stories, one about Christy and the other about Sierra. Reading this was like visiting with old friends!

In each story, the heroine takes a summer trip in which she learns a lot about herself and growing up. Christy visits her hometown for her grandparents' anniversary celebration and Sierra treks to a mountain cabin with friends. I love the philosophy in Robin's teen books. She encourages her young readers to take the high road when it comes to relationships with their friends, with boys and most importantly with God. For example, one of my favorite quotes from this book: "Christy slowly mouthed the word commitment, as if it were the key to this puzzle she was trying to put together. It certainly was a main ingredient in any kind of relationship that was going to stand the test of time." I would recommend this book to others, as I have Robin's other books many times!

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah's Blogging for Books program. All opinions are my own. Thank you. :)

Please rank my review here: Thanks!! :)




0 Friendly Greetings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!