Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chari Tree Chat

Whew. I don't know about you, but the last couple of weeks have been a doozy for me! As I mentioned in my last post, we had VBS at our church last week. That's a lot of work! We did a camping theme, and had lots of fun with that! We turned our church into a "forest!"



It's pretty funny asking to borrow Christmas trees in June! I thought the decor turned out pretty cute!

One of the highlights of our vbs was "Rascal." The kiddos loved him and he showed up in a different place each night (cooler, trash can, sleeping bag...) (Rascal is the fourth puppet we've bought of this brand and the kiddos love them - so realistic and cute too. We've only actually used one other so far, but Woolly is still a favorite.)


Saturday was our big picnic. Mark made "s'mores" since I was so busy with everything else. (Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, then stir in the marshmallows. Sandwich between graham crackers - super easy!) :)


Lorie set up an obstacle course for one of our activities. One of the "obstacles" was to set up a tent in the "rain!" I think that would have been my favorite part! (It was a little warm!) :)


So this week (after breaking down VBS stuff Monday evening) has been pretty slow - I really crashed. whew. I have got a lot of tomatoes from my garden, though. This picture is from a couple of weeks ago. I picked a lot more tomatoes this week!

My peppers aren't doing as well now, and neither are my cucumbers - it's way to hot! I picked a few watermelon, but they certainly didn't get very big! The one I've tasted so far was really sweet though! I guess these are what you would call "personal melons!" :)



One more thing: while doing some shopping for VBS prizes, I ran across some cds that I got super excited about! Maybe someone else remembers the Music Machine or Bullfrogs and Butterflies? I loved them as a kid (although I listened to mine on LPs!) :) I have been enjoying listening to some tunes from my "past" (and getting ideas of some songs to use for our kiddos.) Here is a bit from one of the cds:

The Bullfrogs and Butterflies cds I got don't have songs that I remember - I just found that there are actually four cds from this series. Maybe eventually I can buy the one I remember! :) 

I hope you all have had a great week!! Maybe it's time we all had some easy summer living, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the VBS theme! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your VBS was wonderful...they certainly are a lot of work but,if one child is blessed then that makes it all worth it :)
    I remember those sweet songs...singing them with my kiddos when they were little ones....thanks for the memory....blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!