Mom and I did some sewing last Saturday. I had been eying some fabric at Hobby Lobby for quite some time. When I finally decided to get it, the lady marked it 1/2 off!! So we decided to buy the rest of the bolt and make everyone matching skirts... then we did a little extra: (heehee!)
See? We all match!! It's all in the family! :)
I'm loving my skirt too!! So comfy - and simple, just one straight seam and hem and elastic at the top. Mom and I both worked on the skirts, and I did most of the tie work myself (using this tutorial - easy!) I have a feeling if there is a little boy in my future, he will be getting some bow ties! :)
(This is the guys' "I'm cool enough to wear a funky bow tie" look!) :)
That's our friend Andrew on the left.
Oh, and the guys were great sports and wore them into church.
When our pastor asked Mark about his tie, Mark said, "My wife made me do it."
Andrew's answer? "HIS wife made me do it!" heehee!! Thanks for putting up with us guys!!
So how about you? I can't wait to see your crafty projects!! :)
That's cute, all of you wearing matching skirts and bow ties. What fun!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm able to start crocheting again, so I hope to have something in two weeks.
Love it....blessings
ReplyDeleteThose guys are great sports! When I try to get Carson into a regular tie, he says "But I don't wanna wear a tight!" I thought it to be a perfectly fitting name ;) Love the skirts!
ReplyDeleteCute skirts and bow ties. Everyone looked great.
ReplyDeleteThanks all! We had fun matching! ...and the skirt is super comfy!! :)
ReplyDeleteI just happened upon your blog. Great job on the skirts and bow ties. The crazy thing is I know Andrew very well!! We were in the same class in school from 2nd grade until we graduated from high school! Tell him Tonya said hi next time you see him. ha:)
ReplyDeleteI like the skirts. I got the same material only in the white/red/blue/yellow/green. LOVE that skirt...I wear it all the time because it goes with all my shirts (well, almost all) I feel like going back and getting some more! I think Hobby Lobby has way cuter options than Joanns! (Oh...and mine was only 30% off
ReplyDelete