Friday, June 3, 2011

Finished!! (well...almost...)

Ready for some before and afters? Well, we'll start with a "after" because I like the pretty pictures to be first! heehee!

 

Just to get everything in perspective... this is what our bedroom looked like from the time we moved in, until about a year ago...

But I was ready for a change - here was my "let's see how this looks" photo...

Then with some help from a friend - it looked like this:
 
 Look how similar the paint ended up! (well... it looks pretty close in person - it's sooo hard to get colors right on the camera!) :)

A few weeks ago, you saw this:

Now look!
I still want to get a wreath for the big frame, then hang the "M" on top of that, but I haven't found one yet. Something similar to this. (Anyone know why HobbLobb doesn't carry pretty wreaths???) Any ideas where to find one for a good price? :)

But in all, I've been tickled with how this turned out. The funny thing was that I orginally planned to paint everything cream, but decided to first hang it all and see how I liked it. After getting everything hung, I'm so glad I didn't paint anything!! I love it just the way it is! :)

And this picture?
I just got it for the frame! But once I got it home (and out of the "thrift shop pile of frames") I REALLY liked it, and it matches perfectly! And brings something a little different than just empty frames or mirrors. Just goes to show, you never know! Give something a try and you might just like it, right?? :)

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! I like your new bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice! I'm happy for you! =)
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! I've been looking for wreaths like that, too - let me know if you find some! Love the green color of your wall - it's a very soothing, calm color - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!