Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chari Tree Chat

I didn't think it would be too hard for some of you to figure out where we've been! :)  Yes, I got to visit the famous Painted Parsonage!! :)  Yes, I got to go help spoil Baby Weston! Here we are shortly after our arrival:



We enjoyed worshiping at their church and seeing other dear friends!


And of course celebrating the 4th - Weston's first holiday!


Boys and noise!


Lots of fun times!
First bath:


Shopping trips:


We all had a blast together! Visiting, laughing, eating... The boys enjoyed having more people to play with. It was so enjoyable to be in their home. Brittany, as you know, has turned their house into a beautiful home. And it certainly is homey! Such a cozy place! I enjoyed making myself right at home and being able to help Brittany during the first week after Weston's birth. It was a privilege to be there and enjoy the newborn stage! :) Thank you, Brittany (Dave and boys, too!), for allowing us to come visit!!

And of course it was hard to leave! I got in a few last minute snuggles at lunch!


On the way home, we drove through Tuscaloosa and saw some of the damage from the tornado. They are still picking up the pieces of that terrible storm. It was a reminder to me of all the hurt that people have gone through and how they still need prayer as they put their lives and homes back together.



Crossing the Mississippi on the way back west.


The time we spent with our friends, celebrating their new little miracle, has made Mark and I even more eager to hold our little miracle. We spent some of the time on the road working on paperwork, and Mark has been working a bit more as I have been writing this post. There is sooo much for us to do, but it will all be worth it!

2 comments:

  1. What a little sweetie!

    I hope your paperwork gets plowed through in record time! I've heard it can be quite the chore to get everything accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss y'all! We had a great time :)I sure have missed my extra sets of hands ;) I hope you can get all of your adoption stuff completed in record time and get your own sweet little bundle. We did our best to give Mark some real hands on experience, didn't we?! - even though some of it wasn't so pleasant ;) He handled it quite well. Y'all are welcome to visit anytime!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!