
Sir Rowan's story begins with him as a stable boy with quite a knack for swords. He is discovered and trained by one of the Prince's knights and quickly becomes a top tournament knight. However, his pride in his achievements becomes his downfall, and after a brush with death, he realizes how far he has come from the Prince's desires. The rest of the book chronicles his path to achieving the goal that the Prince truly has for his life.
I don't want to give away anything in the story. This book is an excellent read; I was gripped by the story. It is quite an adventure! Mr. Black is an excellent storyteller, and he weaves truths from the Scripture seamlessly into the unfolding drama. The books are marked as being for a Teen/Young Adult audience. I do agree with that, although I think that children in their preteens would enjoy it as well - as long as they aren't too sensitive. (The flesh-eating caterpillars might disturb very young audiences!) :) I loved the discussion questions in the back. They (and the answers following) really helped clear up any confusion I had in what different characters/items in the book represented. I think it would be an excellent book to read and discuss as a family - perhaps even in family devotional time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book was provided for free in exchange for an honest review from Blogging for Books.
Please rank my review here! The higher my rankings - the more books I am eligible for! (The email is only for verification purposes - you shouldn't receive anything you don't want... be sure to uncheck the box if you don't want further emails from Multnomah.)
This sounds like a fun book. I've already added it to my PaperBackSwap wish list, but I hope I can get a copy from BFB.
ReplyDelete