Friday, January 6, 2012

Finished Object Friday

Happy New Year, All!! I guess you could say I took a little bloggy break. It wasn't really planned, but I have enjoyed having a lot of this week to focus on getting our home back in order. I've really enjoyed doing lots of "puttering" and I have most of our Christmas decor down, AND a lot of my Valentine/Winter decor up. I'll be sure to post some decor pictures, once I get everything done. :)

BUT... now I get to share some of my Christmas craftiness!! Can you guess what these are?

If you guessed pillowcases, you are correct!! Now with this stack, I did have a bit of help. Mom helped with some of the cutting out and a bit of sewing. (But I helped her with her Christmas crafts, so it was a fair trade!) :) Here they are with an actual pillow inside:

I think they turned out pretty fun... and from what I hear, each of the little recipients is enjoying them! These little gals below were the only ones I got to watch open them... all my other little people (cousins... adopted nieces and newphews...) live to far away!


Hmmm... she doesn't look to sure about this fabric thing... :)

 
Now we know what to expect... :)


 
Very excited about her patterns/colors!
It wasn't easy doing three different "pink" cases! I tried to fit them to their personalities! :)


I had a lot of fun picking fabrics. I think that the one that became my favorite, mainly because I think it turned out great for a pre-adolescent boy, is the solar system one! I just thought it was so cool!
(ETA: Oops!! Forgot to add the link to the tutorial I used! Great little tutorial - these were so easy and I love it that all the seams are enclosed! Find it here.) :)

So now you get to share some of your Christmas "craftiness!!" :) (If you had time to do any crafting. Was it just me, or did Christmas just zoom past?)



8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those pillowcases! I've seen the link to the PDF instructions elsewhere, and really wanted to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute projects...I had plans for a more handmade Christmas but,I ran out of time...must start earlier this year :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillowcases. Thank you for Miss Pipers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I tried so hard to have a FOF done, but alas, I have ADD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! This is a great gift idea. I'm so excited to link up with you again! (even though it isn't Friday anymore. Is that ok?) If it's any consolation, I did finish these on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! They were fun to make! :)

    Jenny - so funny! You crack me up!

    Sis. Connie - Sure! I'm glad you shared! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - I'm with Jenny. But I forgot that it was time for FOF altogether! Really must. get. some. sleep. Oh well...maybe next time?
    And the pillowcases are WONDERFUL! These 2 lil guys love them! I'll have to send you a pic - they match their beds perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!