Friday, April 20, 2012

Finished Object Friday - A Candy Cake

A friend of ours turned the big 3-0 a few weeks ago. And to help him celebrate I, of course..., made him a cake! I had a hard time figuring out what kind of cake to make because I had already made him an ambulance cake a few years ago. When I saw this cake (and another similar) on Pinterest, I knew it would be a good one for him!



It was very easy, quick and fun! Also a big hit! Funny thing though, several people thought it was a bowl of candy! (It fit right in with all the other candy bowls on the table.)



I ended up making a three layer cake (If I'm remembering right, I actually tripled my cake recipe. It made enough for 3 9 in. round pans with a little extra to make a couple of cupcakes) The three layers were just right to make it tall enough for the Kit Kat around it, and to make it like a bowl. I also used Mini M&Ms which I thought were more in proportion to the cake size and much cuter.

Anyway, it was a big hit, and chocolate OVERLOAD! YUM! :) Welcome to the 30's, Andrew!! :)



I know it's late in the day... but I'd still love to see what you have been up to lately! We can just have a "Finished Object Weekend!" :) 

4 comments:

  1. What a cute cake! I'll have to keep this in mind for a fun cake to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this cake! And I reeeally want a kitkat bar!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!