Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just some news....

No big news yet... except for the fact that our home study is finished!!! We are within sight of one goal... getting our profile "in the book" from which birth parents choose the family for their baby! We do have some more paperwork and a "dear prospective birthparent" letter to write. So your continued prayers are appreciated! This whole process, while sometimes slow, has been very positive! We have really enjoyed working with each person at our agency, and we really appreciate all the support we have received from so many of our friends and family!

But in other news... Whew. The month of March just flew by!! Like in the past few years, my grandmother was able to fly down from her home in Idaho and be with us for about four weeks.We enjoyed doing things with her - like visiting some pretty sites around East Texas - March is the perfect time of year to come visit this area!
 My parents - we enjoyed having both Mom and Dad off work for spring break. We sure missed having my sister here, though!

We also enjoyed having some friends visit! The spring flowers are so pretty! We spent part of one afternoon just looking around (and taking lots of pictures!) :)

Our tradition while Grandma is down here, is for her to help me put my garden in. Here is this year's garden. Fewer plants in this area. I decided to grow my cucumbers over by our (new!) fence and let them climb the chain link instead of all my tomato plants! :) 

So that is a (very brief) synopsis of our last month! Hopefully, I will be a little better blogger in April! :) Next post: Finished Object Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! for having the home study done! I hope the rest comes together quickly! :)

    Your visit with your grandma looks like it was great! The weather here has been warmer than usual, but I dare not plant tomatoes and beans till closer to the end of May! Enjoy your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems so funny... down here I feel like my garden is "late" if I don't get it in by the end of March! I have really been enjoying puttering outside this week - the weather has been gorgeous!! (except for that one evening of crazy weather - thankfully nothing too scary here!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!