Monday, April 23, 2012

Paper Bag


I love getting farm-fresh "real" eggs! And if the seller is out of old egg cartons, then the eggs come in paper bags! It think they are even more fun this way - more realistically farm fresh! :)

(Mom recently found a double yolk... Does anyone know if that is twins? This "city girl" doesn't know much about raising chickens...) :)

5 comments:

  1. Yum! We get our eggs from a family in our church and the yolks are so yellow. The eggs have so much more flavor than store eggs!

    I don't know if double yolk means twins. I'll have to google. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Farm eggs seem so much healthier! Thanks for the link! Good to know! :)

      Delete
  2. I found this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_a_double_yolked_hens_egg_hatch_and_if_so_will_it_be_twins

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbor daughters hens gives us eggs. We also have members at church who bring fresh eggs and sale for 1.00 a dozen to go toward the kids camp fund. Fresh eggs are not to be compared to store bought. So much better! Maybe I will see you at the Salvation Army sale on Friday :)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so! I'm looking forward to the sale! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!