Friday, June 22, 2012

A little more patriotism

My new wreath isn't the only summer decorating that I have going on around here. I had fun putting my mantle together as well as a few more patriotic touches here and there.
Not sure if you can read it, but the "parchment" in the frame is the Pledge of Allegiance. :)

Our living room has a bit of a different set up recently:

We sold our couch to some newlywed friends. Although I do miss having a couch every now and then, I do enjoy the open feel of my living room. (Don't look to closely at that side table though... it is a work in progress!) ;) Here's a post showing how our living room used to be set up. Yes, I DO like the more open feel. Eventually we may purchase another couch, but it may be when we change homes. :)

On the piano:
I am enjoying changing the decor in my cloche - I love having that New Testament in there. Such a piece of my family's history! :) (It was the NT my grandfather received as a soldier in the Pacific in World War 2.)

How about you? Anyone else done some summery/patriotic decorating? I am going to put Mr. Linky up just for fun! Feel free to share your decorating post, or anything else really... I think I'm kindof missing linking up every other week... ;)

8 comments:

  1. Love your patriotic mantel. In fact I'm hoping that you don't mind that I pinned it to my Pinterest Home Decor. So interesting that you have your grandfather's NT received during the war. I'm doubting that the government does that anymore. And what a shame that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all! :) Yes, that NT is something I treasure! :)

      Delete
  2. I am enjoying your blog. I have it saved in my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ...thanks for sharing Charity...hope you are having a very blessed summer thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am! And a happy summer to you too! :)

      Delete
  4. I like your cloche arrangement! ( I have been wanting a cloche for forever, need to find the right price though!) and having your Grandfather's NT is so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I am enjoying my cloche! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!