This is one of the biggest single steps in our adoption process... and Mark will be delivering it to the agency shortly.
What is it? It is our picture profile! This is the first thing that a birth mother will see when considering us for adoption. The delivery of this (along with a bit of moolah...) means that we are officially WAITING!!!!
Mark and I had a "signing party" the other night and we signed our name to each of the thirty copies that will be distributed around the state of Texas.
So this morning, Mark left the house with this:
So what does that mean for us? Well, I guess you could really consider us "Paper Pregnant!" We could be parents at any time. (YIPES!! Exciting and starting to sink in... BIG changes ahead!) One couple with our agency was "in the book" two days and they had a baby. Before any of us get too excited... that is not normal... More than likely we will be selected by a birth parent and have a month or two to prepare for the arrival of our little one. But we must be ready for any possibility.
A big thank you to each of you! You all have been so supportive of us during our process! Mark and I are excited to get to share this step with you! And please keep us in your prayers as we patiently wait and prepare for the coming events... whenever they may be!
Oh so happy for you guys! You have waited a long time! Hope it happens quickly!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
DeleteI'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteAwesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!! Good things come....
ReplyDeleteYes!! Thank you!
DeleteI got goosebumps and started crying when I read your post.....so excited for you and praying just the right mom gets your book!! Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! And we'll be seeing you soon if all goes as planned! :)
Delete*SMILE* and yes, it's in all CAPS!!!! We are expectant Grandparents!!! Love you! Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!! :D
DeleteWhat an exciting time!! I am glad I got to share this step with you!!!! Hugs, Jennilyn
ReplyDeleteYay!! Thanks for helping me pick them up! :) Come back soon!!!!
DeleteYiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so exciting! How did we celebrate in college? Ice cream? Whatever it was, go do it! LOL!!! YAY!
ReplyDeleteHeehee!! This made me laugh!! :) Ice cream sounds like a great idea!!
Delete*happy tears* That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
DeleteI can just 'feel' your excitement, Charity! This is wonderful news! Will be praying for you guys in this 'next step.'
ReplyDeleteThanks!! This next step could be the longest... :)
DeleteSo excited for you and Mark! =)
ReplyDeleteme too!! ;)
DeletePraying the Lord sends just the right little one for you to love and cherish!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Mrs. Schroeder
Thank you!!
DeleteWe're getting excited right along with you! Praying that God sends along just the right one in His time! Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteLove you too!! See you soon!! :D
DeleteThis is so exciting. I am so happy for you and will be praying for you too. I think we are going to need to make a trip to Texas soon:)
ReplyDeleteYes!! You may have to bring an "Auntie" down with you... she's really feeling the distance if she is gone when we get our little one... ;)
DeleteCharity, I can't tell you how excited I am for you! Hoping & praying that your little miracle comes along soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
DeletePraying for God's perfect plan to unfold for you guys! Excited!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is the perfect prayer! Thank you!
DeleteCongrats..Will pray for God's Favor ~
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
DeleteSo happy to see this update! PRAYING HARD for God to send you the right baby soon. =) Y'all will make great parents!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
~Heather~
Thank you!! :)
DeleteHeehee!! And we are excited about your good news too!!! ;) Thanks!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for ya'll! Hope your little bundle comes sooner rather than later! :)
ReplyDeleteMe too!! :)
DeleteSo happy about this...I can't wait to be an "Auntie" again. Love you and am praying for the little bundle of joy that will be yours.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait either!! Love you!
DeleteChari -
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. :) I pray that God will fulfill your dreams in His perfect timing. Blessings!
Steph
Thanks, Stephanie!
DeleteDon't you love knowing God already has your child picked out for you? Praying the way will be smooth.
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to trust His plan!! Thank you for the prayers! :)
Delete