Friday, October 12, 2012

Finished Object Fridays - Big Sister Shirts

Funny. It seems like when I was doing FOF every week or even every other week, I hardly had any projects to share... now - when I do it once a month - I have a hard time picking WHICH project to share!! This one wasn't too hard to pick though. Such a fun and exciting time for our little church family. We got to welcome a new little member! :) My friend Regina just gave birth to baby girl #4 a couple of weeks ago!! Welcome to Baby "D!" (or "Love" as she will be known here...)

Last year my mom, with her nose for bargains, found a Cricut machine at a local Goodwill. My sister and I snatched it up and we share joint "custody" of the machine. And.... since she's off at college, guess who gets to store it!! :)

A while back Melissa made these shirts for Brittany's boys. I had heard that this kind of project was easy with the Cricut, but I wasn't too sure until I got into it. (It is EASY, but even easier if you know how to run the machine... I'm learning!) :) I used this tutorial - great explanation!


So Regina came over one afternoon and we started working on these. I finished them up and made a little surprise for baby "D!" I also made bows to match.


Here they are posing with their shirts right after they got them:


And here are the three big sisters posing with the little sis!!

Yep... they are ALL smitten with this little one!!!

And wouldn't you be?? This is a picture I took of her just this week:

She's growing and changing so fast!!

Maybe you have a project to share? I'm excited to see what you all have been working on!!

~PS. Just FYI, Cricut doesn't know I exist... not an advertisement, just craftiness at work! :)


11 comments:

  1. What cute shirts! I wish my girls had something like that; they would love it! I'm sure that family was thrilled that you did something special for them, and those girls sure do look like they love their new baby sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was a lot of fun putting them together! :)

      Delete
  2. Very Cute! Those girls are precious and look just alike! Thanks for the tutorial!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh....I have a cricut. I didn't know you could cut material. I must learn to do this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It wasn't very hard at all!! So fun! :)

      Delete
  4. Those shirts are so cute....what a great job you did on them. Congrats on your friends little sweet pea..what a blessing..she is precious. It was fun seeing you today...you must post what you found so I can take a looksee ;) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to see you too!! I sure had fun looking around! I'll have to share what I found, but next week... I have a FULL weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. These turned out SO cute! Must. find. cricut... You all were super lucky to find one at Goodwill!! That never happens around here. Cute lil girlies, too =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!