Friday, December 14, 2012

Days of Christmas: Day 14 and Finished Object Friday

I finished the Christmas star ornament!! :) It was a very quick knit.... you, know... when I actually took the time to do it! :) I used this pattern, and only went to row 9 - I think... after a year of resting, I wasn't sure WHAT row I was on! :) But I'm really glad I stopped when I did, because it was quite big enough already.

I wasn't sure about the "stiffening." I've never used that much starch before, but it turned out really cute!! Hmmm... maybe I should make more of these! ;) I did use some pins to block it nicely. (Instead of just doing it by hand. The yarn has a little sparkle to it... it shows up a little better in the picture below:


Ok, it's your turn! Any little holiday projects that you have been working on??

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And yes, you should definitely make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! Which pattern did you use? I'd be interested in making it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I guess I got into too big of a hurry... I meant to include the link!! (Thus the "this pattern" wording...) :) anyway.. I will edit my post, but here is the link to the pattern: http://tiajudy.com/SnowStar.htm

      Delete
    2. Great! Thanks so much. I'm going to try to make this soon.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! I love handmade ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You did a good job!

    I'm working on a project today, but don't have it finished nor blogged yet. =)

    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, just got my project done and blogged about. =)

    Have a wonderful Lord's day!
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!