Thursday, March 7, 2013

A little spring

I've done a bit of spring decorating around here. Like I said before, I tried to keep pretty and simple.

 

I sure do enjoy decorating my piano... here is the other side of it:

My mantel didn't turn out quite as I would have liked, but it is more simple. It may look bland to me because I was so used to the pretty Christmas/wintery decor I had up there. All that greenery had a bit heavier look.


I even added a bit of spring to the dining room. Does anyone care for a "spot of tea?" :)  

Just a bit of news: one of the reasons I wanted to keep things simple is because we have listed our little home for sale! We truly feel God's leading in this decision and are excited for a new step in our lives. We will be staying in the same general area, but feel that it is time to say goodbye to our little "starter home." Please help us pray that God would work all things out in His perfect time - that He would send the right buyer for our house and help us to find the right home for us to raise our family. :) 

Oh, and Friday is the second Friday in March already! Be ready with your finished objects and I will try to be on time this week in posting! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Love it love it! Really love the little bible in the cloche idea, the mantel is PERFECT, and I'm seriously coveting your white teapot ;)
    Good luck with the house selling, and the house hunting - fun exciting times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice ......I like what you've done......blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...Gorgeous. I am loving the simplicity of it all. I have started getting rid of stuff...just stuff and trying to make things more simple. They say you spend the first part of our lives acquiring things and the second part getting rid of things....Well it is so true. I am in the getting rid stage in my life, So the simple stuff you post are actually very elegant and inspiring :) I will pray that you sell your house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!