Friday, March 8, 2013

Finished Object Friday - Another skirt

Well, I haven't done a whole lot of crafting recently. Our life has been very busy with so many other things! But I did sneak in a quick little skirt redo. There are so many amazing modest fashion blogs, I don't even try to compete! One friend from college has done some amazing things refashioning clothing - she is even finishing up a book on refashioning! These people inspire me to try something different and fun with my clothing!

Sooo... when I saw this skirt on the clearance rack of one of my favorite stores, I figured I could make it work:
 

(Not the best pictures, I know... sorry, but we were a little late for church... oops!) ;)

So, what did I do to it? Well, it was just a little big, you might say...

This picture also gives a close up of the pretty lace!

It is a very comfy skirt, and after simply taking in the elastic, it also fits great! I like the gathered look a little better with this anyway. So flow-y and feminine!

So have you been up to any little projects recently? Or maybe even a big project! We'd love to see!!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! You're right, it does look good more full and flowy =) And just think of all the possibilities - you could wear so many different things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Chari! Now if I could figure out how to make smaller clothes...larger :) I find so many dresses and skirts that I can only wish I could fit in. Trying to lose weigh is such a hard battle....has been all my life. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt. Love the lacey look.

    Decided to join y'all, since I did just finish a HUGE project! I made a cookbook of my recipes in Spanish for our Colombian people. The pics are all the way at the bottom of our Go-away post. =)

    Blessings,
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I like what you did to the skirt to make it fit you! Hopefully, I will be able to join you next month with something I've finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!