Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"Love is Patient..."

The past few weeks have seemed very long... each night making sure we have our phones near at hand for "the call," bags have been packed for several weeks (in fact, I have switched tops out several times because the weather keeps changing...), I have the one going home outfit that I really wanted - in two sizes, the carseat is installed... Weeks on pins and needles isn't exactly fun and I know baby's sweet birth mom is eager for her arrival as well! (After all, she's doing the hard work!) ;)

I was reading this post over on (in)Courage just now and it got me thinking. Love is patient. God's love and His plan are perfect. His timing is impeccable. Even when we can't understand "what is the holdup?"

And I was thinking, as long as it seems that we have been waiting, God's chosen people waited for hundreds of years for the coming Messiah. Each expectant mother hoped that she would be the one to carry this Messiah. The Hope of the world. That's some intense waiting! I'm sure sometimes they wondered if He was ever going to come.

Yet... in the "Fullness of time, God sent His Son..." God had everything all lined up and ready for His perfect Son to be born into the world. I don't know what God has to get "lined up" for our little one to get here. And I sure don'
t understand His timing right now... and sometimes it seems that this little one will never come. But she will... (I've yet to see a mom walking around pregnant for 18 years...) ;) And her arrival will all be in God's perfect plan.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A note on our adoption process: I have gone over it a bit here, but I thought I would tell a little about how we think things will happen... the plan is for us to be at the hospital when the baby is born. After the time required, the birth mother can then sign the relinquishment papers. (Until then, nothing is legally binding.) After a bit more paperwork, we will be heading home with baby.

We will try to keep things low key around here for a little while - hard to do this time of year! :) I also won't be sharing a lot of details - on my blog or in person. I know I am not the only adoptive mom to say this, but our child's story will be just that - her story. We want to protect her privacy as well as the privacy of others involved.

But mostly I wanted to thank you all for your wonderful support for us along every step of the journey that we have shared. Bloggers are a wonderful community!! Thank you for you encouragement and prayers!!

8 comments:

  1. I know waiting is hard. I am anxiously awaiting the phone call that my "niece" has arrived. Praying for you and Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is patient. God's love and His plan are perfect. His timing is impeccable. Even when we can't understand "what is the holdup?"

    Thanks for posting this. I needed this!!!!! Jenny's Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering! It's hard to wait, you are right: love is patient. Even when it is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post. God's timing is always perfect, as you said dear friend.....blessings on your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you and your husband. Our son and his wife were blessed this summer to have their profile chosen by a birth mom. They met her ahead of time and came to love her dearly. Our daughter-in-law was with her during the birth. Such a blessing to have another sweet little girl added to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank the Lord we don't have to walk around pregnant 18 years!!! This last month is about to do me in. Can't wait to share the news with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo excited for you!!! Yesterday it dawned on me that you might already have your baby...so I popped over to check out your blog. Praying with you that baby will come soon and so HAPPY!!!

    What a sweet Christmas post.

    I'm doing days of Christmas again this year. =)
    Happy Christmas-ing

    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! It has been so long since I have posted a comment that I don't know if you will remember me or not. We exchanged e-mails about open vs closed adoption. Anyways, I want to say, congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby!! :) Yes, your baby, the one you will cradle in your arms, feed, change, clothe and raise in the admonition of the Lord. God bless you!

    If I could encourage you, please wake up at different times at night and stay up for a few minutes (use alarm clock if you have to and before baby gets here) just to give your body time to get used to night time feedings. Somebody adviced that of me with our adoption and I did not heed the advice...so wished I had. It was a very tough few days and ones that, looking back, can hardly remember the joy of a newborn. They grow so fast, enjoy it. I love my children from the depths of my being and would do it all over again if needed. :) Again, God bless you!
    In Christ, Damara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!