Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Book Review - Child of Mine

I've fallen a bit behind in my book reviews... and in my reading. Somehow the fiction gets read a little faster than the nonfiction. ;) And once I really start getting into a book, it's hard to put down!

Child of Mine is the most recent book that Beverly Lewis wrote with her husband David. I do enjoy Beverly's books, but I really enjoyed the added dimension that David brings to the plot. The story begins with Kelly Maine's search for her missing daughter. She has been searching eight long years for the baby was kidnapped and sold for drug money. After many promising leads ending once again in defeat, she gets a tip on Jack Livingston and his niece, Natalie. Jack is raising Natalie who was adopted by his deceased brother and his wife eight years before. But is Natalie her long lost daughter? She gets to know and love Jack and his little girl and comes to love them. Eventually the truth must come out and will that truth show that she is Nattie's birth mom? Or does that title belong to someone else?

This book really did draw me in! One obvious factor for me was the adoption plot line. One thing different from Beverly Lewis's other books was that, though there is an Amish character, the story does not revolve around an Amish community. I enjoyed the plot twists. Early on I thought I had it all figured out, but the ending surprised me. A very enjoyable book to read.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Bethany House for the review copy. My opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read this one, haven't got it yet. You really made it sound like an exciting book, now I can't wait :) Blessings Charity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!