Saturday, March 24, 2007

Latest Projects

I know I haven't posted much of my knitting, but I have been busy with it. These are a few of my latest projects. I have enjoyed learning some new patterns. I also like making things for babies because they are smaller and I can finish them faster.


This is a booty and bib set that I sent up to baby Zachary A.
just born to friends in Colorado last week.

These hats are knitted on the round,
which is a lot of fun and goes fast, plus it naturally creates the curled up brim.
I found a variety of hat patterns, but modified them for this
- I didn't want to have to decrease
and go to double-pointed needles.
I was aiming for a twenties cloche look. I think I succeeded.
Later I will post pictures of the recipients modeling them.
The booties are a simple mules pattern found on knittinghelp.com.


This picture shows the hat (right) before I tuck the corners
in to make it more rounded.
All of these are made with Bernat cottontots yarn. I love it because it is 100% cotton and it seems to wash well. It is also very soft, and I love the different colors!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute hats!! I wish I had the time to knit. Katrin keeps me hopping!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!