
Today is officially the first day of fall! I love this time of year! I hope that we have as pretty a fall as we did last year... Yes, we DO have seasons in Texas for all you yanks! The picture was taken in Texas, not too far from here. The days are starting to get a little cooler. Tonight we enjoyed grilled hamburgers on my parent's patio - the weather was just right! :) Thanks to my parents and Angie ...and a little shopping here and there... I have a bunch of new fall decorations for our house! I am enjoying being able to "redecorate!"
Anyway, I am still alive and kicking! I spent most of this afternoon cleaning up the yard. Why is it that the grass thrives - in the FLOWER BED?? :) I finally got all of it pulled out and now I want some flowers there - probably pansies. I pulled up my impatients that I planted in May, they grew pretty well, but weren't putting out a lot of flowers, I think they got too much sun. I had bought dianthus for the kids to plant for Bible Club craft (we are studying Creation) and had some left over. I hope they grow fast! :) I had a difficult time pulling the impatients, even though I knew they wouldn't last much longer. So I transplanted a couple into pots. Oh, and I also bought some mums last weekend. I'll try to post some pictures when everything is blooming nicely! Here is a link to a previous post that shows the front of our house.
I've been doing quite a bit of knitting, but it is still top secret! Christmas will be here before we know it! But my next goal in knitting is to learn how to do cables! I have always loved cables and I want to try a hand at it.
Well, I'd better get going. Sundays are busy days now that we have Bible Club before church in the evenings. That is going well. We had our biggest group for regular Bible Club last Sunday! Hopefully we can get all of our regulars back... this is the forth Sunday. It is going well over all. I am getting the hang of it! :) I'm open for any tips, especially with helping them learn memory verses and making it fun!
Hi Chari! I'm Kirk Seward's wife, Crystal. Adonna told me about your web page, so here I am. Thought it'd be nice to "get to know ya" by way of the computer anyway. My web page is www.freewebs.com/kirkncrystal/
ReplyDeleteTalk to ya later.