Thursday, October 11, 2007

Books, books, and more books!!!

Well, today was the first day of one of the biggest book sales in our area!! Often known as the "Doctor's Wives Book Sale," this sale is held twice a year and overflows the building into tents around the yard! Most outside books are twenty-five cents each. Books inside are mostly fifty cents to two or three dollars, but they do have some collector books they price higher. We all enjoy it! Dad often takes off several hours from work to have some time to browse! :) We were able to go this afternoon (thus the post, right?). :) Here are my bargains!

As always, I spent too much money!!! But look at the stack! :) My favorite find (and my most expensive at a whopping $3.00!!!) was this book on knitting! I think it will help me jazz up my projects! :)

The book in the bottom right of the first picture with the harp on the cover is a 1945 edition of Pride and Prejudice. I loved the beauty of it... and it was only $1.00! :) And, yes, you see several children's books there. Kids' books are a weakness of mine!

Happy Reading, Everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. I would have loved to join you in your book shopping. I love books and your not the only one who like kids books. It's seems I can't go to a thrift store without buying kids books. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to have lots of kids to read the books. :)
    Have fun with your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for all my misspelling I was in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would have been in hog heaven in a place like that! I love to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! Glad you got a lot of bargains...that's really fun, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your pride and prejudice book ever decides to grow legs and walk off you'll know where it's headed!!!:>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!