Friday, April 4, 2008

Show and Tell: Cherries

I haven't done a Friday Show and Tell for a while. I have been wanting to "Show and Tell" some of my cherry collection. So here it is!

First a little arrangement in my dining room. This little part of the counter kind of juts out into a little nook. Melissa sent me this beautiful cherry picture recently, her mom was gracious to deliver it! ;) The lamp is a gift from my mother-in-law shortly before we were married. (She finds the neatest things!) The black and white picture is of my grandparents shortly before they were married. My grandmother worked at the local drugstore where the picture was taken.

I took this picture before the above one and decided it needed a little extra touch. I love what a difference just the little bit of ivy made!

This is a teapot and cream/sugar set I got for my birthday several year ago from Mom and Dad. The cake plate was my grandmother's.

I love Mary Engelbreit! She has so many cute cherry things! Here is a teacup/saucer and little soap that are M.E. The coke salt/pepper shakers are a gift from my aunt and uncle several years ago. And the coke candle was my grandmother's - she added the cherries to the top! :)


To see other show and tells click the picture below:
Show and Tell

16 comments:

  1. I love everything cherries! Thank you for sharing your lovely cherry treasures!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun collection you have! I love the teapot and creamer and sugar set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cherries too. Your collection is very cute! I'm having a giveaway - you might want to stop by. One of the things I'm giving away is a tote that has a piece of a vintage cherry tablecloth on it.
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I am so glad you could use the picture, I liked it but it did not go in my kitchen. Love all your cherries. Everytime I see cherry items I think of my Good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the greenry really did dress it up. Lovely teapot set.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cherries and the cherry stuff!! I just ate a cherry covered cheesecake--mmmm. You should have displayed that with your tea things!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing some of your cherry treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collection is darling. I am a newcomer to your blog. What a fun place to visit!

    Hugs,
    Cookie Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mary Englebreit also. It is always so cheery. It is sweet that you have a picture of your grandparents out, I'm sure you cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your cherry collections. They look great in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ivy sets off your arrangement perfectly! Red is such a happy color...I'm loving my new red accessories in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks great! And yes, the ivy does add alot! I love red, it is such a nice cheerful color. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful collections!

    For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! I like all those cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute indeed! I like the little nook...looks cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!