Friday, April 18, 2008

Socks and stuff

Finally... I finished the socks! :) Here's the finished product:
They are pretty comfy and I think I'm getting addicted to socks... to bad sock yarn isn't cheaper and sold more conveniently. (Big hint there to Hobby Lobby!)

In other news... Because of concerns over blogging security, I have decided to quit using the names of children that I blog about. (You have seen me use initials, or just no name at all.) For the two I post most about, I am giving them blog names. Thus....

This is Faithie:
(I love her left hand in this picture.)

and this is Gracey:

You may have also noticed that I am vague about where I live, and that I don't use my last name (and never have). This is also for security reasons. It is important for us to remember that anyone can read what you are writing (unless your blog is private). Here is an interesting article on security, and while I don't go quite that far... :) I do think certain precautions are in order. Just remember, there are those out there who are creeps and you don't know who all is reading your blog.

You may have noticed the poll at right... I am just interested to know what people enjoy about my blog! :)

Anyway,... enough of the service announcements for today! :) I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend. We are enjoying a beautiful day here in East Texas, after all that rain last night! and maybe I can get more interesting posts in next week! :)

2 comments:

  1. Such cuties!

    You just can't be too safe. My husband is pretty well known on the topic he blogs about. He successfully maintained his anonymity for several years. Its a long story but a smarty pants reporter leaked his name in the press last fall and it of course spread to the 'net. Grrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are very cute!!! One of these days, I'm going to try to finish the dishrag I started knitting back in October! :-)
    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!