Friday, August 15, 2008

Finished Object Friday

"Well begun is half done."
~Aristotle~

"And truer words were never spoken."
~ME~

Ok, so I'm not the first to say that last quote, but it certainly applies in this case. :) I finally finished it!!! WHEW, again!

I wasn't in the mood to make this. I didn't even really want to make it. But, it needed to be done and I made myself finish! I had already cut out the long pieces (the solid black and red strips), so I only had to cut out the patterned pieces. I started sewing yesterday and got all but the backing done. After work, I decided that I wanted to get it DONE! (Besides, I wanted to post it here tonight... great motivation!) It certainly isn't my best sewing job, it ended up a little wonky, but it's DONE! :)


I think it makes the family room look so cozy to have them both finished. It is becoming more and more a welcoming room. Very relaxing, cozy and playful, although it is still a work in progress! (I still need shelves for those boxes of books!)

So how about you? Anything finished (or a step of it finished) that you would like to share?
Click here for guidelines on Finished Object Friday.
Click here for other FOF's.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, cozy is the word that came to my mind when I saw the picture. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!