Friday, August 22, 2008

Finished Object Friday

Well, this is a little late this Friday. I hope you will still join in! :) (To view the guidlines, click here.)

I've been promising all week to share my knitting project. - and now I have two projects that I can share! :) It's been a while since I've shared any knitting, but believe me, I've been knitting! :) Some of it is just secret until Christmas.

I made these wrist warmers for The Gaskell Guild, a group I started on Ravelry. We are reading Wives and Daughters at the moment.


One thing that I've learned through this project is that I make my purls too loose. I'm still trying to figure out how I can remedy that. I also discovered the powers of blocking finished projects. I blocked them by steaming: I ironed them with a wet pillowcase on top, this helps to set the stitches, makes it look a lot neater and actually helped them to fit better. Here is a picture: The one on the left is blocked.


I did this little project last night. These were fun to make! Wonder why I "picked" this pattern? :)


So what have you been working on recently (or not so recent!) We would love to see!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! The wrist warmers are different, than anything I have seen before. My fingers would get cold if I just wore those. Love the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, both! :)

    The wrist warmers wouldn't keep you warm out in your weather, but they will be great when it is just a little cool and you need your hands to drive. Or as we have thought at work, when the air conditioner is on overdrive, and you are freezing but still need to type! :) I know they are a little different, but they are popular for knitters - no fingers or thumbs to fiddle with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your projects. You are very creative and talented. Sewing is not my thing. I only sew when I have to! Enjoy painting and designing things though. ex. crafts, floral arrangements, table center pieces etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a UFO of fingerless gloves. One is finished and the other barely started. I need to complete that project! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!