Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Does it work?


I have been contemplating buying a Swiffer Wet Jet for a while. I'm not sure I want to spend the $$$$ for one, however. So, I am coming to you, my bloggy buddies. :)

Question: Do you have a wet jet? Is it worth the investment? Does it save you time and make cleaning the floors easier than with a mop and bucket?

I think that it would make life easier for me. In fact this book recommends it to supplement the mop and bucket. There are ways to save money after the initial investment. This webpage has a few suggestions. And I have seen a few knitted Swiffer cover patterns. (Make that several patterns... I love Ravelry!!) :) And I have quite a bit of cotton yarn. Oh, and I have $2.00 off coupon. :)

Thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. I HIGHLY reccomend the swifter wet jet!! It is one thing I wouldn't want to have to clean without! It does an awesome job on any floor covering...except for carpet! :) It is most certainly worth the money and to buy supply refills for it, go to Sams. They are much cheaper there! Hope you get one and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it for quick cleanups but I still use a mop for weekly cleaning. I have ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. I found that when I used only the WetJet, the grout started to look dirty after awhile. Then I had to go around on my hands and knees to scrub it. Ugh.

    So I guess my review is mixed...good for quick jobs but a mop still does a better job on the weekly cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they are nice, but, I have resorted back to the old mop and bucket with lysol, due to the fact that the refills became very expensive. If you are on a tight budget, it's not practical. If not, and you don't have a lot of heavy traffic, then I'm sure it would be a nice gadget to have.

    Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Chari!
    I don't currently own one, but I've used them - used to own something similar. It really is handy for a quick mop up, smells good, leaves the floor looking nice, but I'd alternate it with good old fashioned soap and water every once in a while. I think it tends to leave a bit of a residue if you use it continuously.
    But, yes, I'd buy one. In fact, I actually need to get one - whoever thought putting WHITE linoleum down in the kitchen was good idea, didn't live here. It spots constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES YES YES!!! By all means - GET one - you owe it to yourself. I could. not. live. without my swiffer! I used to mop on my hands and knees with a rag and a bucket of very hot soapy water. Enter swiffer wet jet. The floors look (and smell) just as good with much less time and effort. As far as the expense of refills, it seems like every time I need it, there's always a coupon. And I've also discovered that a microfiber cloth will attach to the velcro on the swiffer, and it does a nice job...no more refill pads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I guess the swiffer is pretty helpful. (except for tile... which does make sense.) I really think it would help me with my floors, since they don't get very dirty and it would be more readily accessible than a mop and bucket. :) Thanks all for the help! I think I'll use the coupon after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chari, We have one at our church that someone who takes a turn cleaning bought when her husband had a hurt neck and couldn't lift the commercial mop to do the entrance and fellowship hall. It did a pretty good job. My aunt has told me that you must be careful with the Swiffer if you have pets. It can leave a little residue that is supposed to be harmful for dogs and cats if they walk over the floor and then lick their paws.I don't know if it is true or not but I have gotten emails about it. I think you can check it out on snopes but not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!