Sunday, April 19, 2009
Sunday Blessing
Would you live for Jesus, and be always pure and good?
Would you walk with Him within the narrow road?
Would you have Him bear your burden, carry all your load?
Let Him have His way with thee.
Chorus
His power can make you what you ought to be;
His blood can cleanse your heart and make you free;
His love can fill your soul, and you will see
'Twas best for Him to have His way with thee.
Would you have Him make you free, and follow at His call?
Would you know the peace that comes by giving all?
Would you have Him save you, so that you need never fall?
Let Him have His way with thee.
from His way with Thee
by Cyrus S. Nusbaum
So many people fight against God's will for them. Why can't people see that God only has His best for them... that God's best is far better than anything they could imagine... that God is the answer to everything they've been looking for? Does it mean that all our problems are over when we do surrender to God. Of course not, but with God on our side, we can face anything.
I can't imagine facing any of it without knowing that God has everything in His control - my past, my current issues...even when I become fearful of the future (and believe me, I have quite the imagination - one reason I am so picky about what I watch/read) I remind myself that God will work all things for my good. (Rom. 8:28) I want to have that "peace that comes by giving all" in my heart. How important it is to allow God to have full control of my life!
I hope your week is off to a good start!
Blessings!
Charity
PS~ The flowers are at a local park, but they grow wild all around here. Most of the time we call them "Buttercups." I know the flowers aren't yellow, but rub the flower against your skin and you'll know where the "butter" part comes from! :)
Labels:
Sunday Blessing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Chari,
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like knowing God in a personal way...but unfortunately, the world wants to be in control and not having control of your everyday life, your destiny as they see it, well it is too much to give up.
But for me...I am one with Jesus.
blessings,
Lady M
What a wonderful post! I love knowing I am in God's will- there is nothing so awesome as being a homemaker. :D You have a lovely blog- I'll be stopping by again!
ReplyDeleteCourtney
Lady M,
ReplyDeleteMe too!
Courtney,
Thanks for dropping by! :)