Well, I started two projects today, hoping to get them both done. But, alas, they are both at various stages of completion. One project needed someone's input. Mom came over, gave it just a little tweak and there it was! Unfortunately, it still needs some sewing, though it won't be as complicated as I was trying to make it. Go figure. The other project would have been finished, but I decided to go a different route, and I will need supplies. Thus a trip to Hobby Lobby - bummer. ...but really, do I need a good reason to go? :) Hopefully both projects will be finished soon, and I promise to share! :)
Sooo... my FOF today is a couple of bonnets. I delivered the newest one to my neighbor today. She is due in the next couple of weeks.

The other bonnet I showed in the
beginning stages back in June. Melanie is a good friend long-time friend - she married our pastors' youngest son.

This bonnet has become one of my
favorite patterns - so quick and fun. I like the lace work and the short row back. It makes such a delightful little gift.
We've had an extra week for projects. If you are new to Finished Object Friday, welcome! Be sure to check out what
FOF is about.
Happy Posting!
I really like that bonnet. I linked to the pattern so I could print it out. I didn't take time to actually read it but it looks pretty complicated. Hopefully it is easier than it looks. I finished a slipper yesterday and I am working on the second one now. The first one is too wide so I am revising the pattern. Hopefully this one will be better.
ReplyDeleteThe pattern did take a little learning... I got a little confused at the start, so let me know if you have a question. I think you could handle it though. :) Like all knitting, it's just knit and purl.
ReplyDeleteWhich slipper are you doing? If it's the same pattern as my Sugar Plum Slippers, those seemed to run a little big. I haven't made another pair, though. Pocket book slippers are a pretty good one size fits all. :)
I don't seem to have a THING that's actually finished! I have several things in the works, but they're not done yet. The only thing I've finished today is unpacking suitcases! :) Don't guess anybody would be inspired by a photo of our empty luggage...
ReplyDeleteThe bonnet is so cute. I can just picture it on a cute little baby head :)
Unpacking is a big accomplishment - especially when you have to unpack for four! It might be inspiring to some, though. :)
ReplyDeleteVery pretty!You amaze me at the sewing and stuff you can do.
ReplyDeleteI just looked at the pocket book slippers on ravelry. Those are really cute. My slipper is actually out of a book from our library that I happened upon. It is called "Kid's easy knitting projects". It is a fun book.
ReplyDelete